Call: 01299 270312


Schools are charged with maintaining a safe, supportive environment which protects the rights and needs of children at all times. School staff have regular contact with children and young people, and a responsibility to help to identify signs of children in need of additional support or protection accordingly.

Together, these responsibilities are called safeguarding.

Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)

The designated safeguarding lead is the person appointed to take lead responsibility for child protection issues in schoolAt Lacon Childe School, our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:

  • Kara Guise - 
  • Polly Sheppard

Safeguarding Procedures

As part of our safeguarding procedure, Lacon Childe School follows the procedures set out by the Shropshire Safeguarding Children Board.

New safeguarding arrangements are required by the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 and these arrangements set out how agencies should work together to safeguard children and promote their welfare.

We all have a duty to protect children and vulnerable adults. Abuse can be in many forms, including the following:

  • Emotional abuse
  • Sexual abuse
  • Child sexual exploitation
  • Neglect
  • Physical abuse

Concerned about a child?

If you suspect that a child or vulnerable adult is experiencing any of the above or is at risk of being harmed, it's vital that you report it. 

Your initial reaction may be to dismiss it and just hope it’s not true. But it’s vital that you report your concerns if you feel a child may be suffering. If you don’t report your concerns, it could mean that the neglect will continue.

Whether you are the child’s parent, relative, family friend, neighbour or a professional, don’t let anything stop you from protecting a child.

How do I report a concern?

If you think a child or young person is being harmed or at risk of being harmed you must contact the First Point of Contact (FPOC), Children's Services and tell them your concerns. Don't delay, please contact us straight away - we are here to help you.

Please report your concerns to FPOC on 0345 678 9021.

If you need to report concerns out of office hours then please contact the Emergency Social Work Team on 0345 678 9040 selecting option 1

If you are a professional reporting concerns then you will need to follow this up in writing using the Multi-agency Referral Form (MARF).

Alternatively, you can report your concerns online to the NSPCC via the 'NSPCC website'.

If you have any safeguarding concerns, please feel free to discuss these with the Designated Safeguarding Leads.